Ready to jump-start your Montessori practice? Join the Houston Montessori Institute's AMI Primary Assistants course beginning in January 2020! The convenient eight-week course prepares you to join a Montessori classroom or helps you use Montessori skills at home. Participants are also eligible to receive six Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from Loyola University Maryland.
The course will cover a wide range of Montessori principles
- The Planes of Development
- The Young Child’s Mind from 0 to 6 years
- The Importance of Order
- Development of Movement
- The Prepared Environment
- Freedom and Discipline
- Social Development
- Music and Art
- Maintenance of the Environment (indoors and outdoors)
- 60 hours of instruction (class time)
- 9 hours observation in a Primary classroom
January 11 to February 29, 2020
- Seven Wednesdays, 6–9 p.m.
- Seven Saturdays, 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Deadline to enroll is Dec. 1
HMI's offices and courses are held at The Post Oak School in Bellaire, TX. Take advantage of learning at one of the oldest Montessori schools in the Southwest by training at HMI!
- Cost includes two required books (the two additional required books may be purchased online or in the HMI bookstore)
To register, visit https://www.hmiusa.org/assistants-training.