Congratulations to Post Oak's High Schoolers for placing third in the World Affairs Council Houston's Academic WorldQuest International Trivia Competition.
On March 9, 2021, our student team took home the bronze and will continue on to the national competition, Academic WorldQuest 2021.
Our student team included captain Nathaniel S. with Liam O., Charlie M., and Fabricio G. Jonah M. is the team alternate.
Post Oakers were up against twelve other teams (down from fifty in previous years) and started in second-to-last place, but swiftly rose through the ranks and took third place. Whereas third place has not previously qualified teams to advance to the national competition, the year's online format permits the top three teams to advance. Episcopal High School won first place and Dulles High School came in second.
2021 Academic WorldQuest National Competition
Saturday, April 17, 2021
1:00–5:00 p.m. CT
Usually hosted in Washington, D.C., the 2020–2021 AWQ topics include:
- Global Protests
- Shifting Sands: The Arab Spring 10 Years On
- International Labour Organization (ILO)
- The U.S. Foreign Service in the 21st Century
- Great Decisions
- Climate Change and the Global Order
- India and Pakistan
- Rea Sea Security
- Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking
- U.S. Relations with the Northern Triangle
- China’s Road into Latin America
- The Philippines and the U.S.
- Artificial Intelligence and Data
- Country in Focus: Uzbekistan
- Exploring Peace in a World of Conflict
- Fraying Alliances
- Looking to a Post-Pandemic Economy
- Current Events
Join us in congratulating Nathaniel S., Liam O., Charlie M., Fabricio G., and Jonah M., and wishing them good luck on April 17!