A Post Oak education is as unique as your child, and we want to be certain we are the right fit for your family.
Before beginning an application, you are encouraged to visit the school with everyone involved in this important decision. Below are the steps to apply for enrollment at The Post Oak School.
Step 1: Visit the school
All families are required to attend a tour or open house.
Step 2: Submit the online application
Please click here or the button below to complete the online application. There is a $100 non-refundable application fee. All applications for the 2020–2021 school year are due on January 10, 2020. Applications received after that date will be considered on a rolling basis if space is available.
- Young Children’s Community (14 months–3 years)
- Primary (3–6 years)
- Elementary (Grades 1–6)
- Middle School (Grades 7–8)
- High School (Grades 9–12)
- Age requirement: Children must be at least two years and nine months old by their start date. Children must be toilet trained. Diapers or pull-up diapers are not permitted. Cotton training pants are permitted.
- Birth certificate
- Primary Parent Questionnaire
- Teacher Recommendation*
*If a child has school experience, the teacher recommendation form is required.
- Age requirement: Children must be 6 years old by September 1 to begin Grade 1.
- Birth certificate
- Elementary/Middle School Parent Questionnaire
- Teacher Recommendation Form*
- Transcript Release Form with report card/transcripts (last two years if applicable)*
*All teacher recommendation forms and report card/transcripts must be sent directly from your child’s current school.
- Birth Certificate
- ISEE Test. Please use Post Oak School number 447793 when registering. If ISEE has been taken already, forward scores to the Admission Office.
- Two Teacher Recommendation Forms*
- Community Member Recommendation Form*
- Transcript Release form with Report Card/Transcripts (last two years)*
- Student Essay
*All teacher recommendation forms and report card/transcripts must be sent directly from your child’s current school or person completing the form.
Step 4: Schedule a student visit
After receiving your application and admission documents, the Admission Office will reach out to schedule a school visit for your child. Any children under 2½ are not required to visit. Visits for applicants three-years-old through High School are scheduled on an individual basis.
Step 5: Admission decision
Decisions for admission to The Post Oak School are based upon a child's school visits and admissions testing, the teacher recommendation form(s) and the child's transcripts, if applicable. Decisions regarding a student's application to The Post Oak School will be e-mailed. Responses are expected back within two weeks of acceptance.