Class of 2020 Commencement
May 29, 2020 | 7–8 p.m.
Celebration Garden at McGovern Centennial Gardens
1500 Hermann Drive, Houston, TX 77004
The Post Oak School is delighted to announce an in-person commencement ceremony in honor of the Class of 2020! We invite our 25 seniors, four members of their immediate households, and High School faculty and staff to join us in celebration of our graduating class. The ceremony will be live-streamed and made available for our community watch and enjoy!
Post Oak will adhere to Texas Education Agency guidelines to ensure the safety of our students and guests. All attendees must be registered by senior families. Our registration form will be emailed to families on Tuesday, May 19 at noon, and registrations must be submitted by Friday, May 22 at noon. Late registrations will not be accepted and unregistered guests will not be allowed to attend the in-person ceremony.
We will proceed in the event of light rain. Heavy downpours or severe weather conditions will necessitate rescheduling to June 4. If rescheduling is required, we will make an announcement on Thursday, May 28 by 5:00 p.m.
- RSVPs will determine the order of assigned seating at the event. Guests without an RSVP will not be admitted. Names will be checked at the door.
- Everyone attending the event is required to wear a mask. This includes, guests, seniors, and employees. Seniors may remove their face mask while processing to receive their diploma and be photographed. Once reseated, they must replace their face mask.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available at the entrance/exit of the event.
- Please be patient and flexible as we welcome guests in a socially distanced, responsible manner.
- To comply with restrictions, there will not be any post-graduation congregating at the event.
- We will adhere to the following Texas Education Agency guidelines: Prior to attending the ceremony, participating students and attending family members must be screened (via questioning) by the school for any of the following new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit
- Known close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19; exposure to the active confirmed case occurred within the last 14 days.
- Those found with any of these signs or symptoms must be excluded from the event.