Prospective parents are strongly encouraged to learn more about Post Oak and the Montessori approach. You are welcome at parent-focused educational coffees, workshops, and community-wide events for current families.
Parent Education Opportunities
- Montessori Journey in October
- In the Know! Parent Coffees, most months
- Alumni Voices in January
- The Middle School Experience in October
- The High School Experience in October
- Parenting the Love and Logic Way (fall and spring)
- Redirecting Children's Behavior (fall and spring)
Other Special Events
- POPA Parent Work Days, most first Fridays of the month
- Storytime with Cory (monthly)
- Family Fun Day in November
- Family Movie Night in April
Childcare for Current Families
Childcare for current families is available for most evening events. To be eligible to attend, children must be students at Post Oak in the Primary or Elementary programs. The cost is $5 per child and will be billed to your account by the Business Office.
Reservations must be made in advance with the front office and will be accepted as long as space and staffing allow.
Aid to Life provides instructions for movement, communication, independence, and self-discipline based on Montessori principles. The format is easy to understand and apply immediately. Presentations include video as well as step-by-step directions.