The Post Oak School has an extremely talented and involved parent body. Parent volunteer activities are coordinated through the Post Oak Parents Association, referred to as POPA.
The school depends on the support of these parent volunteers throughout the year. As a Post Oak parent, when you donate your time and talents to assist the school, you make a valuable contribution to the children and also get the opportunity to connect with other parents. Along with having a great deal of fun, POPA volunteers help to build a community spirit and give a tremendous boost to our faculty and staff.
Parents, guardians, and grandparents can volunteer during the year in a variety of ways:
- Sign up to be part of the Done-in-a-Day team, which works on a variety of small projects throughout the year.
- Lend a hand to staff and students for field trips, special events, plays, and other class projects.
- Help with parent education, including planning programs, volunteering, and participating at events.
- Work in the library, art room, or school office.
- Assist with fundraising projects.
- Participate in beautification projects around the school.
- Introduce elements of your cultural heritage to your child's class (contact the teacher to discuss your ideas).
- Serve as a room parent to provide direct support to the classroom teacher.
- Volunteer as a class captain for the Post Oak Fund campaign.
As you can see, there is ample opportunity to become involved. As a parent at The Post Oak School, you are automatically a member of POPA. Please volunteer when and how you can. Sign up using our form in the parent portal, or for more information, contact the POPA chairs, room parents (listed in the Family Handbook), or teacher.
POPA Chairs 2022–2024
Vareen Cunningham, Sabina Walia, and Rhian McKinney