If we are able to open in person and on time (Tuesday, August 18 for Elementary through High School, week of August 24 for YCC and Primary), we will meet and exceed all CDC safety and health guidelines as referenced in this document. This plan is only possible if there are no government or other restrictions on our ability to operate the school, and will be dictated by the status of the coronavirus spread here in Houston.
Most aspects of the school day will be familiar. A few things will be different, including:
- Higher faculty to student ratio (at the Bissonnet Campus) to provide needed classroom support throughout the day and during extended-day hours
- Reduced Before-Care and After-Care hours to allow for staffing of cohorts and enhanced cleaning of the classrooms and common spaces. See the Re-entry Plans by Division for your student’s specific times.
- New arrival and dismissal procedures at each campus
- More frequent outdoor breaks to take advantage of the fresh air and to safely play and socialize with peers
- Adjustments in classroom seating, lunch routines, and travel within the building to allow for physical distancing
- Enhanced training for some students on the use of technology in preparation for remote learning