Contacting Faculty & Staff
We value frequent, timely, and open communication with you about your student. We will use many media to communicate with you (phone, email, newsletters, written notes, conferences, progress reports, My BackPack, etc.). Each teacher will let you know how best to contact them.
Teachers are with your children and your child’s community between 8:00 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. Please support them in giving their undivided attention to this valuable work during this time. To contact a teacher, you may:
- Call the front office between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Send a handwritten note with your child.
- Email teachers directly at any time, which allows for the easiest way to remain in touch.
Teachers will respond to email and phone messages within one working day.
- Making direct phone calls to the classroom during the school day;
- Dropping by the classroom to speak to the teacher during the school day;
- Holding extended conversations with a teacher or assistant in the carpool line;
- Sending oral messages to the teacher via the classroom assistant or your child.
Changes in Home Situation
Please inform your child’s teacher by email or personal conversation if there is a change in the home situation: death, divorce, or relocation (even within Houston), a new baby, friends or relatives visiting, either parent leaving for a trip, a new babysitter or caregiver, a change in carpool or in the student’s daily routine, or any fears, bad dreams, or fantasies. A change at home probably will be reflected simultaneously or subsequently in behavior at school. Communication from parents will enable the teacher to help the student as the need arises.