The Post Oak School devotes approximately 11% of our budget to need-based financial assistance for current and prospective families.
Parents must file a confidential financial statement that includes disclosure of tax information.
- Continue support for families currently receiving assistance.
- Provide funds that enable families already enrolled in the school to stay with the school in the event of changing personal finances.
- Consider all other requests.
Within this context, preference is given in the distribution of financial assistance to students in the Elementary, Middle School, and High School levels to permit the development of a richly diverse student population by making The Post Oak School accessible to students from varying economic backgrounds and to allow for the continued enrollment of students whose families experience economic reversals arising from events such as loss of a job, divorce, or sudden medical issues.
Parents must file an application with SSS (School and Student Services), an outside agency that makes recommendations to schools for financial assistance.
There are three components to the financial aid process:
- Completion and submission of the online financial aid application. The application deadline is January 31, 2024.
- Submission of 2022 income tax return to SSS. In order to be considered, we require the full 2022 tax return and all related W-2s, 1099s, and K-1 from 2023. We also require a 4506-T form. Please contact the chief financial officer, Kelly Vaughn, if you have questions.
- Prepare and send a letter to our head of school, Maura Joyce, with the specific amount of aid requested.
All three requirements must be completed before the application can be considered.
Parents who are separated, divorced, re-married, or have never been married must each separately complete a financial aid application and submit a copy of their 2022 tax return.
The agency returns its assessment to the school. All forms filed by the deadline will be considered as a group by the Financial Assistance Committee. Awards will be announced by mid-March.
Parents must respond in writing by the date requested in the financial aid award letter if they wish to accept the school’s offer. After this date, the school considers the offer declined and the funds will be reallocated. Any forms filed after the deadline will be considered after other awards have been made.
Each year a family must reapply for financial assistance. Awards are based on the relative need of families that have applied and on the funds available. While the school will make every effort to maintain financial assistance levels from year to year, conditions may change, so one year’s award is not a guarantee of awards in subsequent years.