Welcome from our Head of School, Maura Joyce
Welcome to the Post Oak Parent Portal and the online Family Handbook. We hope that you will find it both useful and accessible in its new format. We invite you to familiarize yourself with its contents and to use it as a reference tool. If you have questions, please ask. If you have suggestions, we welcome them.
The handbook includes the Partnership Agreement, which responds to two questions: “What is it that you can expect of Post Oak?” and “What will Post Oak expect of you?” The intention of the agreement is to communicate as clearly as possible what we can expect of each other. Whether this is your first year at the school or your twentieth, whether you are a parent, a trustee, a teacher, or an administrator, we encourage you to re-read the Partnership Agreement and reflect on its contents. It is the foundation of the school-family relationship.
Communication is at the heart of the matter. Communication is a constant challenge in a community as complex as Post Oak. We are a school, with 500+ students and more than 100 faculty and staff, the total community of children, parents, and professional educators exceeds 1,000. Effective communication is essential in order for everyone to know what to expect. This online Family Handbook is a guideline for our interactions with each other.
Thank you for sharing your children with us. We look forward to a peaceful and productive year at The Post Oak School.
Maura Joyce, Head of School
Getting Ready Checklist
- Log in to My BackPack (or check out the getting started guide) to update any information.
- Complete all forms in Magnus.
- If you would like your child's grandparents, relatives, or special friends to receive these special communications, sign them up for Grand Friends Days.
- Sign up to volunteer.
- Help a High Schooler.
- Get your spirit wear!
- Learn more about how to use this portal and stay informed.
- Join the Post Oak community Facebook group and follow us on Facebook and Instagram.