As a Post Oak parent, when you donate your time and talents to assist the school, you make a valuable contribution to the children and also get the opportunity to connect with other parents. Along with having a great deal of fun, POPA volunteers help to build a community spirit and give a tremendous boost to our faculty and staff
Parents, guardians, and grandparents can volunteer during the year in a variety of ways:
- Sign up to be part of the Done-in-a-Day team, which works on a variety of small projects throughout the year.
- Lend a hand to staff and students for field trips, special events, plays, and other class projects.
- Help with parent education, including planning programs, volunteering, and participating at events.
- Work in the library, art room, or school office.
- Assist with fundraising projects.
- Participate in beautification projects around the school.
- Introduce elements of your cultural heritage to your child's class (contact the teacher to discuss your ideas).
- Serve as a room parent to provide direct support to the classroom teacher.
- Volunteer as a class captain for the Post Oak Fund Campaign.
As you can see, there is ample opportunity to become involved. Please volunteer when and how you can. Sign up using our form below, or for more information, contact the POPA chairs, room parents (listed in the Family Handbook), or your child's teacher.
POPA Helping Students
There are two directories to support our High School students, kept by the High School college counselor and faculty. The first directory lists the colleges and universities attended by Post Oak parents or guardians so that students interested in attending those schools can reach out with questions. The second directory lists parents and guardians who could accommodate a High School intern from Post Oak at their place of business.